Monday, June 10, 2013

Review: Unleash by Felicity Heaton

Unleash (Vampire Erotic Theatre #6) by Felicity Heaton
Synopsis (Goodreads):
A powerful vampire lost deep in his bloodlust, Snow is a savage animal, mindless with rage and a thirst for violence, and trapped with no hope of awakening from an endless nightmare… until a song draws him up from the abyss, restoring his sanity but leaving him haunted by the sweet feminine scent of lilies and snow, and fragmented familiar lyrics.

When the mysterious and beautiful songstress reappears in Snow’s room at Vampirerotique, she awakens a fierce protective streak and stirs dark desires that drive him to claim her as his female, even when he knows his touch will destroy her innocence.

A single forbidden taste is all it takes to unleash emotions in Aurora that she shouldn’t possess, tearing her between duty and desire, and luring her into surrendering to her wildfire passion and embracing hungers that burn so hotly they threaten to consume them both.

One act of kindness can lead to one thousand acts of sin though, each a black mark against the bearer’s soul and another grain of sand that slips through an hourglass. The clock is ticking and time is almost up. Can beauty save the beast?
My Thoughts: Oh, Snow! I've been waiting for your story since... well, for a while now. And you didn't disappoint. You're all tortured and tormented and full of guilt and other things that don't sound very fun. I'm not going to lie, that makes you AWESOME to read about. It doesn't hurt that you have that smoldering sexual thing working for you. It's probably all the pent up tension. It has to come out somehow.

Yes, Snow is awesome. That's kind of a given. He finds an excellent match in Aurora, the woman who has been tied to him for centuries without him realizing it. That whole THING they had KILLED me. It was hard reading how Aurora was punished years before for an act of compassion. In fact, Aurora's master's actions were disturbing on a lot of levels.

I liked seeing Snow's bloodlust in all it's ugly glory. I liked that we got answers to what had happened with his family and we got to see it through his eyes. I liked that Aurora pushed him to face what he had done so he could start the healing process.

All that was great but the final battle was EPICALLY AWESOME. Seriously, having all the players come together to fight for the things they believed in made me all swoony on the inside. They were bound by blood and purpose and it WORKED. It was an outstanding ending and I loved it to pieces.

I'm sad to see this series end but I must say that it's ending on a high note. Goodbye, naughty vampires and the various other beings who populate the theatre. You and your sexy ways will be missed!

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

The Vampire Erotic Theatre series
1. Covet
2. Crave
3. Seduce
4. Enslave
5. Bewitch
6. Unleash - Paperback | Kindle

Felicity Heaton
| Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon |


Unleash was provided by the author for review.

2 comments:

  1. I like when they end on a High Note. I always have to drink after an end of a series--I feel I deal with it better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good news is that I found out from the author that this world will be continuing in a spin-off series. I love hearing things like that. <3 <3 <3

      Delete